Bushfire Emergency survival kit
Prepare an emergency survival kit before the bush fire season starts.
Keep your Emergency Survival Kit in a waterproof storage container in a location that is easy to get to and that the whole family knows about. This will make it quick and easy to find when you need it. A well prepared kit can help you survive a bush fire or other natural disaster.
This kit will help you regardless of whether you are going to leave, or stay and actively defend your home.
Emergency survival kit suggestions. Some of the things you might include are:-
- Portable battery-operated radio
- Waterproof torch
- Spare batteries
- First aid kit with manual
- Candles with waterproof matches
- Woollen blankets
- Emergency contact numbers
- Waterproof bag for valuables
Before you leave, you should add:
- Cash, ATM cards, credit cards
- Medications, toiletries and sanitary supplies
- Special requirements for infants, elderly, injured, disabled
- Mobile phone and charger
- Combination pocket knife
- Important documents, valuables and photos (in a waterproof bag)
- Change of clothes for everyone
- Drinking water (at least three litres per person per day)
Remember to prepare for your pets as well. Make sure your pet is wearing an identification tag. If you're leaving, take a leash, basket, medication, food and a familiar toy for your animal. It will help reduce stress.