COVID SAFE Event Checklist
As an event organiser, you have a duty of care – to both your attendees and your staff. It is always important to consider health and safety risks for your event but COVID-19 has added a new set of rules to implement.
Events will need to adopt new policies and procedures to minimise physical contact and maximise the health and well-being of their attendees.
Below is a quick Safety Checklist for a COVID SAFE Event.
Assess your risks and safety steps
Identify the event risks and options aimed to reduce COVID-19 transmission risk. For example the number of attendees; attendees in a high-risk group; indoor vs. outdoor event. Create a safety checklist to include the industry and government guidelines e.g. face coverings and hygiene for attendees and staff and potentially to reducing event capacity.
Implement safety steps
- Get up-to-date information on any COVID-19 recommendations and restrictions in the lead up to your event.
- Provide access to hand sanitiser stations
- Provide instructions on proper handwashing at handwashing stations
- Create an event-specific medical response plan
- Develop plans for quickly and safely evacuating an event.
- Determine event capacity based on venue size and physical distance/density of attendees.
- Enforce all safety protocols, including physical distancing e.g. queuing areas and modifying seating arrangements.
- Regularly clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces like tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, toilets, taps, sinks, etc
- Create a plan for contacting event-goers after the event, should it become necessary to notify them of exposure to COVID-19.
- Use a contactless method for verifying event tickets/invitations and payment