Are you prepared?
The government has called on businesses to get ready & plan now. We have sourced a 'COVID-safe workplace' checklist and useful links to help you plan.
Businesses and retailers are being urged to start working on their re-opening action plan now, to ensure they can re-open and operate safely when the time comes. For venues, pubs, restaurants and gyms this involves new, strict cleaning protocols.
Australian businesses who were forced to close during the coronavirus pandemic have been told to prepare to reopen imminently.
Employment Minister Michaelia Cash calls on retailers to create ‘COVID-safe workplaces,’ and be ready to safely welcome customers when the government gives the 'green light'.
What do businesses need to do?
'COVID-safe workplace' suggestions include:-
- Limit the number of people allowed on the premises at any one time
- Encourage customers/clients to come alone
- Schedule deliveries & limit the number of people at your venue - to avoid crowding
- Clean regularly 'heavily-touched' surfaces, such as door handles, buttons and hand rails
- Use floor markings to remind customers to maintain a distance of 1.5m
- Implement social distancing
- Encourage all staff to practice good hygiene – regularly wash hands
- Encourage customers to download the COVIDSafe contact tracing app
For further information click on the links below.
Signage and posters - COVID-19
It is important that you have signs and posters around the workplace to remind workers and others of the risks of COVID-19 and the measures that are necessary to stop its spread.
FREE signs and posters download here
COVID 19 Work Safe Resource Kit for Businesses