COVID SAFE Event Checklist
As an event organiser, you have a duty of care – to both your attendees and your staff. It is always important to consider health and safety risks for your event but COVID-19 has added a new set of rules to implement. Click for our quick Safety Checklist for a COVID SAFE Event.
As an event organiser, you have a duty of care – to both your attendees and your staff. It is always important to consider health and safety risks for your event but COVID-19 has added a new set of rules to implement.
Events will need to adopt new policies and procedures to minimise physical contact and maximise the health and well-being of their attendees.
Below is a quick Safety Checklist for a COVID SAFE Event.
Assess your risks and safety steps
Identify the event risks and options aimed to reduce COVID-19 transmission risk. For example the number of attendees; attendees in a high-risk group; indoor vs. outdoor event. Create a safety checklist to include the industry and government guidelines e.g. face coverings and hygiene for attendees and staff and potentially to reducing event capacity.
Implement safety steps
- Get up-to-date information on any COVID-19 recommendations and restrictions in the lead up to your event.
- Provide access to hand sanitiser stations
- Provide instructions on proper handwashing at handwashing stations
- Create an event-specific medical response plan
- Develop plans for quickly and safely evacuating an event.
- Determine event capacity based on venue size and physical distance/density of attendees.
- Enforce all safety protocols, including physical distancing e.g. queuing areas and modifying seating arrangements.
- Regularly clean and disinfect commonly touched surfaces like tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, toilets, taps, sinks, etc
- Create a plan for contacting event-goers after the event, should it become necessary to notify them of exposure to COVID-19.
- Use a contactless method for verifying event tickets/invitations and payment
- Providing security staff at the event can be an excellent way to keep emotions, behaviour and good cheer under control!
Contact us today. For further information please Call 1300 566 379 or Email